Do you have a Pinterest Account?
If yes, you can make money from Pinning on Pinterest (no blog required)! How awesome is that?!
If you are looking to start a side hustle, look no further. You can use affiliate marketing with Pinterest so you can make money from Pinning on Pinterest. Looking to get started? follow these 6 steps.
Here are the steps to make money on Pinterest:
- Set up your Pinterest Account
- Convert your Existing Pinterest Account to a Business Account (if you don’t have a Pinterest account, you can create one)
- Clean up your existing Pinterest account. What this means is that you should go through your Pinterest account and make sure your pins and boards go together. If they don’t, you can re-assign the pins to new boards or delete them entirely.
- Side tip: if you haven’t used your account consistently, start pinning right away. Pinterest likes when people pin, especially when they pin consistently. So go to Pinterest, search for things that interest you and pin them to your boards. Get in a routine so you can do this everyday.
- Pick your Niche.
- Some niches are more popular than others, so it is best to do some research when picking your Niche. Some Niches have a stronger following but you want to make sure you pick a Niche that you like so you will stay interested in this.
- Make sure you create Board(s) that are related to your Niche and add pins to these boards. Get in a routine of pinning everyday. Since you are your own boss, only you can decide what you routine will be. Whatever you decide, make sure you do it consistently, every day. It could be 30 minutes a day, or 2 hours a day. Just pick a routine that is manageable for YOU and achievable to do everyday.
- Sign up with an Affiliate Program
- Create a Paypal Account
- Many affiliate platforms will pay you via Paypal, so I suggest creating a paypal account if you don’t already have one.
- Do your Own Research
- Pinterest is a Search Engine. People use keywords to search for product, new ideas, diy, homedecor, recipes, etc. So do your research to figure out what those keywords are that are related to your Niche. You want to figure out what people are searching for and what keywords they are using to search. You want to make sure the content you add to Pinterest will come up in the feed when others search. When you pin, you can edit the description and add keywords or hashtags.
- Now that you have done some research, it is time to add Affiliate Pins to Pinterest. You should follow the 60/40 rules. 60% should be repinning other people’s pins and then 40% should be creating your own pins with your own affiliate links.
- You want to Pin content related to your Niche. Make sure you add a great description to your pins. Use keywords that people will search for so your pins will show up in their search/feed. You can use hashtags as well.
- If it is an affiliate link, do not forget to disclose that it is an affiliate link. You can add #ad or #affiliate or #affiliatelink
These are the basic steps you need to do to make money from Pinning on Pinterest. This is such a great side hustle that I believe anyone who uses Pinterest can do. Want to learn more? Check out my other blog posts.