Learn how to make personalized tumblers with a Cricut!
If you are a new Cricut owner, you are probably wondering about all the things you can make with it! While the options are endless, one of my favorite Cricut projects to make and give as a gift is personalized tumblers!
Learning how to make personalized Tumblers with a Cricut is probably one of the easiest Cricut Projects that you can make with your Cricut Machine!
Personalized Tumblers are the perfect gift for teachers, bridesmaids, friends, and family.
People love personalized items. While you can make so many personalized items, a cup with a person’s name will definitely be a hit gift!
If you are new to the Cricut World, I have a series of posts all about Cricut that will help you with becoming more familiar with your Cricut Machine.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO PERSONALIZE TUMBLERS WITH CRICUT
You only need a few things to get started on this easy beginner Cricut project.
SUPPLIES TO MAKE TUMBLERS WITH CRICUT
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Cutting Mat
- Cricut Machine
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Blank Tumbler
- tape measure
HOW TO MAKE PERSONALIZED TUMBLERS
It is very easy to make personalized tumblers.
- Use Design space to design your project. Pick your favorite Cricut font or upload a font to Cricut Desgin Space. Then type out the name or phrase you want displayed on the tumbler. Don’t forget to weld the design.
- Use your Cricut to cut out the name or phrase with Permanent vinyl on your standard grip mat.
- Once the names are cut, use your Cricut Weed Tool to remove the excess vinyl.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape and put on top of your vinyl design. Flip it over and use your scraper tool to rub the vinyl onto the transfer tape.
- Slowly remove the back of the vinyl, leaving your vinyl design on the clear transfer tape.
- Wipe down the tumbler with Rubbing Alcohol and let dry.
- Place the name on the cup with the capital letter on the bottom of the tumbler. Rub the vinyl with your fingers firmly. Then slowly remove the clear transfer tape, leaving the vinyl decal on the tumbler.
And that’s it! No need to seal the vinyl since Permanent vinyl was used.
I suggest letting the vinyl cure to the cup for 24-48 hours before washing. And don’t forget, personalized tumblers are hand wash only and should not be soaked.